Born and raised in Nanaimo, I attended Princess Anne Elementary School (now École Océane) and then Cilaire Elementary School. I attended Woodlands Secondary (now closed) where I graduated from in 2013. After graduation, I worked in small retail management roles for two years before pursuing a post-secondary education at Vancouver Island University (formerly known as Malaspina).
Currently I am a full time student at Vancouver Island University (VIU) studying political studies and history with an anticipated graduation date of 2018. Over the past few years I have served on a diverse range of committees, including;
- VIU’s Senate
- VIU’s Planning and Priorities Committee
- Nanaimo Youth Advisory Council (Chair)
- VIU Alumni Association Board
- VIU Student Travel and Research Committee (STAR)
- VIU’s Students’ Union (VIUSU)
- Nanaimo’s Canada 150 Committee
- Selection Committee: Provost Awards for Outstanding Scholarship, Research and Creative Activity (VIU).
- Program Review and Oversight Committee (VIU).
I am a Rotarian with the Lantzville Rotary Club and I am also a member of Rotaract, the youth wing of Rotary. In my spare time, I enjoy reading books such as biographies, political books, Dan Brown books and Stephen King books. I also enjoy going for walks as often as possible at places such as Neck Point Park, Westwood Lake, Pipers Lagoon and Maffeo Sutton Park.